Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tell us about yourself  (Read 19074 times)

Startear

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
Re: Tell us about yourself
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2024, 02:11:13 PM »

Ooooh,a good question!

For me usually it is thinking of why I want to master said skill. Is it because I like how art from a new art supply look? Is it because I have a deadline at work?  Or is because I want to do something specific? Then Itry to keep it in mind as I do the thing.

So this was a question making a few rounds on tumblr, and I am curious what the folks here think. What would be a bigger shock to you, that a walrus came knocking on the door, or if a fae/fairy did?
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2024, 05:10:53 AM »

I think I would be more shocked about the walrus since I don't know how it would fit through our building's narrow staircase up to the second floor...  :D And who has taught it to knock??

Question: What is your go-to recipe or comfort food? (I'm hungry!)

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2024, 05:58:19 AM »

Oh yes, I'm getting hungry too! :D One of my comfort foods is Shio (salt based soup) Ramen. It's just so nice and comforting. The instant kind, mind you. When need comfort I don't have the time to make soup from scratch. ;)
Also a good porridge with a nice consistency.

Practical question: what do you do when you can't sleep at night because of the heat?

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2024, 12:59:44 PM »

If I am truly desperate, I rinse the top I sleep in, and sleep in that. It is sensory uncomfortable to do, so I only do it when I am really really dying of the heat.

What life-skill do you think is underrated?

"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2024, 07:58:26 AM »

Living under the roof I painfully know about the heat. It slows me down and it feels like my brain wants to melt.

About the life-skills. Well. First off, one might want to check what counts as life-skill. Moreover, it might be different from person to person when it comes to "rating". I am not certain how much other people value wich skill, I can only make some estimations from my position.

I would say:
Intelligence. Empathy. And also a sort of integrity.
But it might be my cognitive bias that I value these things and I often miss them "out there".

Let's try with a relatively grounded question, that is hopefully easy to answer for everyone. Inspired by the current warmth and my very recent consumption of it:
Do you have a favourite sort of ice-cream - and which is it / are they?

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2024, 10:51:50 PM »

I love all sorts of ice cream. Just looove ice cream! But my favorite might be Spaghetti ice. It's a German thing where vanilla ice is made to look like Spaghetti and placed over a bit of whipped cream, topped with strawberry sauce and white chocolate flakes to make it look like Parmesan cheese. The fascinating part is that the whipped cream starts to freeze and that is just super delicious!

Coming back to cooking and food-related questions:
Do you prefer baking or cooking? And why the preference?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up